Review of Computer Networking: Internet Protocols in Action Posted

Amazon.com just posted my five star review of Computer Networking: Internet Protocols in Action. From the review:

"I eagerly anticipated reading Jeanna Matthews' Computer Networking: Internet Protocols in Action (CN:IPIA). I am always looking for good networking books to recommend to people asking how to enter the digital security field. I am pleased to report that CN:IPIA is an excellent, hands-on, packet-oriented introduction to networking, suitable for all entry-level analysts. Even those with several years of experience may learn a trick or two, as I did."

This is a great book. I also learned that we can freely download copies of certain IEEE 802 standards from Get IEEE 802, like the ubiquitous 802.3 CSMA/CD standard. These are hundreds of pages long, and really only useful to hardware and protocol developers. However, if you need to reference an authoritative source, you can't beat these documents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics