Review of Mastering FreeBSD and OpenBSD Security Posted

Amazon.com just posted my four star review of Mastering FreeBSD and OpenBSD Security by Yanek Korff, Paco Hope, and Bruce Potter. From the review:

Mastering FreeBSD and OpenBSD Security (MFAOS) more or less delivers on its subtitle: "Building, securing, and maintaining BSD systems." The book is chock full of absolutely sound administration advice from three experts with plenty of operational experience. I am also thrilled whenever I find a new BSD title on bookshelves. However, I believe a second edition of this book should be radically altered to better deliver value to the reader.

Note: I am in a somewhat awkward position as I write this review, since I know one of the authors as a fellow local security professional. I've spoken at a conference he organizes and I even have all three authors' signatures on my copy of MFAOS! Still, I hope they will consider incorporating my ideas when O'Reilly asks for a second edition.


I forgot to mention that I agree with Shirkdog's review -- a book on BSD security absolutely should have included Systrace.

Read the review to see my suggestions. If you think they are helpful, please vote them so at Amazon.com. Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics