Hired Gun No More

The June 2007 Information Security Magazine features a story called When to Call in the Hired Guns. The magazine includes a chart titled VAR Excellence (.pdf) that mentions TaoSecurity. The selection process seems to have no method to its madness; I only recognize a few of the other companies. Furthermore, I did not pay anything for the listing.

I don't like to see TaoSecurity listed as a "VAR" since I don't sell any products as a regular business offering. It's funny to see TaoSecurity listed in a chart like this, two weeks before I start working at GE.



Now, it would be nice if Information Security Magazine would reinstate my subscription. They dropped me last year, even though I write the Snort Report for a sister publication. I even know a former contributing editor (with his name printed at the beginning of the magazine) who is no longer getting a subscription!

Comments

Anonymous said…
As a contributing editor for a competing magazine, I can assure you that this isn't uncommon.

It took me a while to actually get a subscription to read my own articles that didn't require me to periodically fill out one of those long surveys.
Anonymous said…
Now that you'll be an insider at GE I'm sure they'd love to start up your subscription again!
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics